||[Aug. 4th, 2005|11:05 am]
The Veritable TechNinja
I've made a lot of progress with the new apartment. Found a TV, TV stand, AV rack (not this model, but close), sectional sofa with fancy chaise lounge, and a buyer for my old couch.
I've still got to find a full-size metal bedframe, dresser/armoire/wardrobe, nightstand(s) oops, never mind then (GOD DAMN I love Target!), and lamps. This means I've got the following to sell by mid-September:
- Full-size hand-carved maple bedframe and dresser (gorgeous antiques, great shape, just doesn't fit the rest of the furniture): $400
- 25" TV (awesome picture quality, remember how picky I am about electronics): $75
- Genuine 1950s RCA Victrola cabinet (needs new tubes, instant hi-fi geek points): $400
Prices are negotiable. If you need any of this stuff, let me know and we'll make a deal. I'm getting rid of it one way or the other.
In other news, I'm going to be bored this weekend. Sushi consumption is imminent, company welcomed. In fact, I could be talked in to making my infamous bacon fried rice and chilled miso asparagus.
I point out that I'm moving on Saturday. If you're too bored, you can always come help carry heavy stuff.
You know, I think I might just take you up on that. I do have to go out and try to get the TV, stand, and AV rack some time this weekend, though. I guess I'll be getting my exercise this weekend. I'm hanging out with angelopercieval
tomorrow, but other than that I'm free. We could make it Saturday instead and I can go get my stuff on Sunday. Give me a call tonight.
Sounds good. I have coworkers and parents coming to help, too, but it's all appreciated. Spread the love, y'no?
I'll help with your stuff on Sunday, if you want. Like I said, I need to drop a friend off at the airport, but I can hit your place on the way back.
I shouldn't need any help with my stuff, the heaviest thing is going to be the AV rack, which breaks down in to individual shelves anyway. As long as we get sushi it's all good.
I'm contemplating buying your TV. I'm not going to be able to afford it for another two weeks ish though.
I'll prolly take it, but I don't want to deal with it with Mom looking on, so we'll talk about it on Sunday.
In case I don't get home in time to call you, and I don't run into you on Yahoo tonight, this is the info:
My apartment is at 2701 Kendale Dr, Toledo, OH 43606. It's ABOUT 40 minutes from the intersection of 23 and 94. I think. Mapquest gives good directions, but here's the backup plan:
- Take 23 South
- Take 475 East; the exit is on the left
- Take Exit 17, Secor Road
- Drive about a mile, then turn left on Kenwood. There IS a light. If you hit the Bancroft Rd light, you've gone too far.
- It's less than a mile, but it's all really pretty residential and a weird street. Turn left on Alisdale Dr. If you hit Douglas Ave, you've gone too far. There'll be a sign out front that says Kenwood Gardens, and the buildings are nowhere near as pretty as the rest of the neighborhood, but all brick.
- I -think- it's a right turn on the first road you see, and then the apartment is on the left, but I don't know the apartment complex very well.
- Call Myra's cell if you get lost; payphones abound. (517)902-2174.
- I figure I'll be done with signing the lease at around 11:30. Feel free to drop by around then.
Myra's going to be crashing at my place tonight instead of me dropping her off. Hang out with us if you want to, but we're trying to keep her safe from her overprotective mother crashing down on her head in an attempt to prevent her trip to Canada on Sunday. How about sushi and furniture moving after that?
Er, she'll be crashing there tomorrow night, not tonight. I'm going insane in my old age.
I got what you were getting at, I think. I'll see you tomorrow, most likely 2-3ish.
Target.com is quite dangerous. Must hide credit cards.
?! They need to spraypaint some nipples on that thing.
Do you like the Pablo stuff? I think we know what to ask for our birthdays now.
Target is really starting to carry some cool shit. And the price on that bed is crazy good!
And they've _stopped_ carrying some really cool shit, too. Most of the stuff I linked to is 1-2 _months_ for delivery. Back to the drawing board...
I'd love to come enjoy sushi and chat with you sometime.
Sorry I missed the Lab last night... got a little too drunk at home to drive out. Next week is likely.
We could do Monday before Necto if you want. Don't worry about Lab, we had a great turnout anyway.
Glad to hear about the turnout.
No Necto for me this Monday, as I work the midnight shift. Next week is likely, however.
Whenever you're ready, let me know.