Log in

No account? Create an account
Nice. Buyer's agent got his paperwork wrong, offer _not_ accepted… - The Veritable TechNinja [entries|archive|friends|userinfo]
The Veritable TechNinja

[ website | ~/public_html ]
[ userinfo | livejournal userinfo ]
[ archive | journal archive ]

[Mar. 19th, 2007|05:30 pm]
The Veritable TechNinja
[status |frustratedfrustrated]

Nice. Buyer's agent got his paperwork wrong, offer _not_ accepted with or without modifications, rather counter-offered at $8K more, and closing in two weeks instead of two months. Hello, we don't like the house as it is, not much use trying to get us to pay more for something we don't like and you won't change... Going to meet with everyone Wednesday night to talk about it, at which time I become Yog-Sothoth, iron-fisted negotiator and destroyer of sales tactics.

[User Picture]From: bav
2007-03-19 10:47 pm (UTC)
Ia! Ia!

Make sure you have a few shoggoth standing behind you as well.
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: arcsine
2007-03-20 01:30 am (UTC)
*squicking noises that call up vague horrors from countless eons*
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: alceria
2007-03-20 11:30 pm (UTC)
Why do you want to delay the closing by two months?

The seller is being an idiot to risk losing the sale over 8k. Seriously. If your agent can't get this one through he totally sucks, or the seller is CRAZY.
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: arcsine
2007-03-21 02:03 pm (UTC)
We wrote our offer with the remodel directly in it and gave him time to do it, he wanted to handle it as a separate transaction even though it's still technically new construction. Our current offer is right in the middle, $4.5K higher than our opening bid (and this one's without the remodel, technically making our bid more like $20K higher), and contingent on our acceptance of a bid and plan for the remodel. We're going to go talk to the builder about it tonight and possibly bring Preety's dad who's an architect. The reason why the seller's being such a pain is the discount on this house, his first listing was literally $125K higher than the one we bid on. Our agent turned out to be pretty good, very accommodating to my shitty schedule, just really picky about talking to anyone but him, protecting his commission.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)