||[Mar. 31st, 2010|07:51 pm]
The Veritable TechNinja
Well, it's that time again, and this year I'm tackling a much bigger project than just some puny flowers in between my garages. I'm going to kill the mess of myrtle, crown vetch, phlox, grass, and miscellany in my front yard and completely replant. Here's the "before" pix:
My plans are:
* Rake up all the leaves in the way
* Stake and twine off the intended area
* Spray a liberal dose of kilz-all herbicide over all the existing garbage
* Wait for everything to die
* Use the cool tiller I got to scramble up all the dead stuff to put in bags
* Get a wholesale topsoil place to come by and dump nice planting soil over the top
* Plant a fuckton of Dragon's Blood Sedum seeds
* Water and feed
* Wait for awesome burst of pretty flowers and go "hurr I are good gardenerer"
We'll see how that goes, but I'm thinking I've got it made here. It's going to be a not-so-fun job tearing up all the dead shit, but I think it's doable in two hard-working days between myself and Dawn. The planting is going to be another good day's work, but I'm going to space it out.